Collected Commentary on the Charkaoui Decision
The decision of the Supreme Court of Canada last week in the cases of Charkaoui v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), Almrei v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration) and Harkat v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), reported online at 2007 SCC 9, has engendered a lot of commentary. We will collect here the links to comments on The Court and elsewhere, updating this information throughout the week as necessary.
Here on The Court:
- Reworking Canadian Immigration Security Detention in Light of Charkaoui et al.
by Mike Larsen
- The Charkaoui Decision, International Human Rights, and Canadian National Self-Image: A Blow to “Security Relativism”?
by Obiora Chinedu Okafor
- Charkaoui ‘s Implications for Canada’s Anti-Terrorism Act
by Patrick J. Monahan
- Charkaoui : Beyond Anti-Terrorism: Procedural Fairness and Section 7 of the Charter
by James Stribopolous
- Comment on Charkaoui et. al.
by Paul Schabas
- CBC In Depth report: Security certificates and secret evidence
- Library Boy: Summary of comment and reaction on Charkaoui decsion
- Library Boy: Supreme Court Security Certificates Hearings – Lots of Interest in the Special Advocate Model (June 14, 2006)
- Jurist Forum: Northern Rights: Canada’s Supreme Court Rules on Indefinite Detentions
by Kent Roach
- Prairie Wrangler: Charkaoui v. Canada
- Dawg’s Blawg: Globe & Mail hypocrisy, and the presumption of innocence